This week I was honored to have received two blog awards from two very talented and downright awesome fellow bloggers: Melanie McCullough and Shawna Railey (click on these lovely ladies names to check out their blogs; they're a must follow for any aspiring author).
This first award was bestowed upon me by the uber cool Melanie:
3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
This award comes with the same requirements as the prior one. Which means, by the end of this post, you all are going to know more about me than even I do.
Seven more random facts about me (without the lengthy descriptors this time):
1. When I was in elementary school I embraced my inner entrepreneur by entering into the business of making fake ID's for my classmates (with the use of note cards and plastic wrap). At ten cents a pop, I was rolling in coin.
2. Being a Michigan girl, I say "pop" instead of soda, cola or Coke. Those in other states unfamiliar with this vernacular have often thought I was asking to be socked in the jaw.
3. I'm most at peace when sitting near a body of water--with the exclusion of puddles and swamps.
4. When I was in first grade my dream was to become a cartoonist for Disney. However, those dreams were quickly shattered when I realized possessing actual artistic talent is required of a cartoonist.
5. If I could change one thing about myself it would be my lack of self-confidence. Too often I've compared myself to others and felt as though I've fallen way short. It was only recently that I realized this is a form of self-destruction and, in order for one to be successful in life, that habit must be nipped in the bud. Still, there are times when my feelings of inadequacy consume me and, in turn, I consume a pint of Hagen Daaz.
6. What I'm about to reveal is blasphemy in the girl world: I hate wearing shoes. All shoes--heels, flip-flops, tennis shoes etc. If I can go without wearing them, I do.
7. I'm convinced my Prius is the most indestructible vehicle on the planet. Since leasing it a year ago, I've been rear-ended twice, have hit my cousin's car (oops) and have had a near death experience with a curb without so much as a scratch on my bumper and only minor damage to my wheel.
Okay, I'd like to pass this award to the following fellow bloggers:
1. Melanie McCullough
2. Nicole Ducleroir
3. Steph Hightree
4. Everett Powers
5. Katherine Krige
Thank you again Melanie and Shawna! To the rest of you, congratulations and enjoy!