Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicago attractions, in pictures

Like your dear Aunt Mable, here I am with pictures from my weekend in Chicago.  However, unlike your relatives, I'm a tad more sailor-like.


We went to the Adler Planetarium, The Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium and the Willis (Sears) Tower. Unfortunately, I left my camera in the lockers at Shedd.

The Adler Planetarium



The Gemini something or other--basically the clown car that brought astronauts back to Earth.


Astronaut Jim Lovell's suit--he's the dude that Apollo 13 is based on.  If it were my suit, it would have skid marks in it.  Fortunately, Captain Lovell had a smidgeon more courage.



                                               Random astronaut stuff




Example of the Mars Rover.


The Field Museum


Dumbo after Disney was done with him


Not so scary without Spielberg



Whales really are big-boned


Who's your mummy??


The Tower Formerly Known as Sears


Hey Sarah Palin, can you see Russia from here?



Lake Michigan--My house is somewhere over there on the other side.


Tower envy.



Trippy glass floor


What you talkin' about Willis?

No comments: